William Morris Society trip to Iceland, 2016
July 22, 2016
The William Morris Society is pleased to announce that, in association with Excellentia Global Travel Consultants of Reykjavik, it is organising a visit to Iceland for Society members, family and friends in 2016. We hope you are able to join us as we follow in Morris’s footsteps once more! The first Society trip to Iceland was organised in 2013 and was a huge success. We hope to build on this experience and are looking forward to getting to know new members in the “most romantic of all deserts”.
Dates:22 July – 1 August 2016, 10 nights, 11 days
Cost:£2,190 per person, Single supplement: £620
Flights or surface travel to and from Iceland is extra.
Various flight options are available from different airports, and these can be booked through Excellentia Global Travel at an additional cost.
Accommodation will be in three and four star hotels; all travel in Iceland will be by first class coach.
What is Included:
- Accommodation for 10 nights in three and four star hotels including breakfast: 1 night at Grimsborgir country hotel, 2 nights at hotel Borgarnes, 2 nights at hotel Akureyri, 3 nights at hotel Hella and 2 nights at the Kvosin hotel in Reykjavik.
- 6 lunches and 2 box lunches; 6 dinners including a farewell dinner in Reykjavík; drinking water, coffee/tea. Afternoon tea/coffee and refreshments at Reykholt
- First class coach transfers to and from the airport
- First class coach and English speaking driver the entire time.
- Specialist local guides knowledgeable about the sagas, William Morris and natural history etc.
- All museum entrances as per itinerary, lectures and presentations, boat trip in Stykkisholmur, evening entertainment at Hvolsvollur Njala museum.
- Welcome drink with first welcome dinner and farewell dinner
What is not Included:
- All items of a personal nature i.e. additional meals, drinks, activities specified as options like horse riding
If interested, please contact the Society office. Once confirmation of your participation is received, the travel agent will require a £300 deposit per person. Deposit payments are refundable apart from a booking fee of £25.
To register, and for full itinerary, terms & conditions, registration form, and flight information etc, contact Carol Henrey at the Society office on tel: 020 8741 3735; email:firstname.lastname@example.org